Thursday, February 19, 2009

a valentine's day feast


This is the valentine my husband made for me. dean came into our room and rummaged around in the closet until he found soldering wire. so they were playing with it and i was still pretending to sleep. all of a sudden troy hands me this little heart he fashioned out of wire. and i melted. :)



this is my genius four-year-old eating tofu with chopsticks.


here's max trying to stab his sushi with a chopstick, but getting his soup bowl instead. a moment before, he successfully stabbed a sushi and ate it, but i think the bite was too big and he chickened out on bite-the-size-of-my-head number two.


and here is the man himself, looking dangerous and manly with his chef knife. he's cutting a sushi roll. what a man! (that's dean trying to relieve him of the dangerous knife)

here are the dishes my lovely husband made for dinner on valentine's day:


sushi with fish (first try--looks pretty good!)


cha siu baau! hou hou sihk!


miso soup from scratch. yes, that dark green stuff is seaweed.


pork potstickers.

that is true love, ladies and gentlemen.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Yummy! I wish I had been there!